Sunday, May 18, 2014

Flying high!

It's that time! I am one flight in on my journey to Ireland. It was so much fun hanging with my Michigan family and getting finishing up my work here in the states for the time being. This last week has been one of the toughest I've had to work through in a while. Everything from cut puzzles, fleeces being drug through the straw by an angry ram, two sheep down and every manner of disgruntled client coming out of the woodwork and yelling at me because its hot and their sheep won't survive 2 weeks till I get back in June. Oh well...in this line of work you have to let it go but the accumulated effect has been a very emotional and exhausting week. 

From this moment on I am looking forward...
Forward to the world championship contest and doing the best job I'm able.
Forward to spending time with Kevin, Leanne, Alex, Alison, Mark and the rest of the USA team.
Forward to seeing a new part of Ireland and enjoying Irish hospitality.
Forward to eating as much shepherds pie, bangers and mash and fish n chips as is humanly possible.
Forward to enjoying the longstanding tradition of Irish pub culture.
Forward to having a couple days off!!!!

I hope to be posting frequent blog posts full of pictures and to give all of you sofa seat travelers a taste of Ireland. I'm hoping everyone will share my blogs and I'm going to do a special drawing. Everyone who shares my blogs will be put into a hat and I'll pick a few names to bring home special souvenirs as a special thank you for your encouragement and for cheering on myself and team USA Sheep Shearing! 




2 comments:

  1. Hehe, you might remind the disgruntled customers that wool is an insulator...it helps regulate body temperatures - I wear wool socks all summer ;) Good luck in Ireland!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be humble when you win, win, win!

    ReplyDelete